If Jon Gosselin really is having an affair with Deanna Hummel, said The Hollywood Gossip, we may now know the reason why—“because his wife cheated on him first!” An upcoming issue of Star magazine claims that Kate Gosselin has been having an affair with her bodyguard, Steve Neild, which pushed her husband and Jon & Kate Plus 8 co-star into the arms of another woman.
But Kate Gosselin claims that she’s the “target of tabloid lies,” said Kate Coyne in People, and “says she does not know what she can do to stop the insanity.” She’s also “terrified that this latest round of stories will drive away” the few “friends she and her family have left.”
What’s annoying is that “Jon and Kate Gosselin's personal life is overshadowing their ‘real’ life,” said Jarett Wiesselman in the New York Post. But the good news is the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8 starts on May 25—it “should be interesting to see is how much of Jon and Kate's personal drama seeps into the idyllic image the show works so hard to perpetuate.” (watch a clip from the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week