If Jon Gosselin really is having an affair with Deanna Hummel, said The Hollywood Gossip, we may now know the reason why—“because his wife cheated on him first!” An upcoming issue of Star magazine claims that Kate Gosselin has been having an affair with her bodyguard, Steve Neild, which pushed her husband and Jon & Kate Plus 8 co-star into the arms of another woman.
But Kate Gosselin claims that she’s the “target of tabloid lies,” said Kate Coyne in People, and “says she does not know what she can do to stop the insanity.” She’s also “terrified that this latest round of stories will drive away” the few “friends she and her family have left.”
What’s annoying is that “Jon and Kate Gosselin's personal life is overshadowing their ‘real’ life,” said Jarett Wiesselman in the New York Post. But the good news is the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8 starts on May 25—it “should be interesting to see is how much of Jon and Kate's personal drama seeps into the idyllic image the show works so hard to perpetuate.” (watch a clip from the new season of Jon & Kate Plus 8)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Israel's quiet doomsday submarines are almost ready
Subscribe to the Week