Kate Gosselin has admitted “that she and her spouse have been privately struggling for months,” said Kate Coyne in People. In a recent interview with People magazine, the Jon & Kate Plus 8 star refers to her husband’s alleged affair with third grade teacher Deanna Hummel, and confesses that she’s not sure if her marriage to Jon Gosselin will last.
“Fame's a bitch," said FITSNews.com. Not too long ago, Jon and Kate Gosselin were just “two nice people who had a cute TV show about their eight kids,” and now they’re “no different than any celebrity couple whose alleged indiscretions are being played out in supermarket checkout aisles all over the country.”
And they're not getting much sympathy from the bigwigs at The Learning Channel, said Tirdad Derakhshani in the Philadelphia Inquirer, the station that produces and airs Jon & Kate Plus 8. After rumors of Jon Gosselin’s infidelity, then of Kate’s, the “TLC suits are scrambling to find a way for the show to capitalize on the couple's strife.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week