Maxim magazine really “stepped out on a limb” this year with its new Hot 100 list, said Jarett Wieselman in the New York Post. Maxim put “House” star Olivia Wilde at the top of the roster of Hollywood’s sexiest women. “Not only does she have stunning exotic features, but take it from someone who has interviewed Olivia—she is nice as all get-out!”
The rest of this list is no shocker, said Popcrunch. After Wilde came actress Megan Fox at No. 2, and model Bar Rafaeli at No. 3. And the rest of the top 10 were Malin Akerman, Mila Kunis, Eliza Dushku, Adriana Lima, Rihanna, Jordana Brewster, and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
“We cry foul,” said Hanh Nguyen in ZAP 2 It, because Wilde’s co-star, Lisa Edelstein, “doesn’t make the cut at all.” To be fair, though, there's no arguing against such undeniable hotties as "Transformers" star Megan Fox and “Dollhouse” star Eliza Dushku. The biggest surprise was first lady Michelle Obama—“it must be the arms.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week