Results: In these recessionary times, we asked you to predict the name of the first restaurant to serve dog food to humans (since a recent study found many people couldn’t tell the difference between mashed up pate, liverwurst and doggie chow anyway). You gave us paws with: Bone Appetite. Yuppie Chow. The Barker Lounge. Bark Obama’s. The Wet Food Bowl. Bone Jour! Wolfgang Pugs. Alternatively: Woofgang Puck’s. And the best thing about all of them, of course? Ample barking.
FIRST PRIZE: Rrrrrrrrrby’s.
Paul Raff, Santa Monica, CA
SECOND PRIZE: Come! Sit! Stay!
Beverly Marshall Saling, Seattle (and others, similar)
THIRD PRIZE: Times Are Ruff
Mike Newman, Plainsboro, NJ (and others, similar)
Pete Caritas, Minneapolis (and others)
The Doggie Bag
Holly McEntee, Madison, WI (and others)
Liz Daniel, Cincinnati
Man’s Best Food
Hank Gibson, Weston, FL
Miles Klein, Frisco, TX
Kathryn T. Van Sciver, Indianapolis (and others)
The Olive Guarddog
Carrie Sullivan, Alexandria, VA
Marley and Meat
Ryan Michael Liu, Millbrae, CA
Jane Maddock, Dillon, MT
Christ and Laura Markos, Santa Fe, NM
I Can’t Believe It’s Doggie Chow!
Ngamtaa Bailey, Gilbert, AZ
Best in Show
Phyliss Shanken, Colmar, PA (and others)
Joe Butterworth, Clarkdale, AZ
Iams Hungry Like the Woof
Steve Rogers, Los Angeles
The Dog Ate It
Barbara Shaw, Chicago
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week