itanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- The case for killing law school
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- Putin's risky bet in eastern Ukraine
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
Subscribe to the Week