Titanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week