Titanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
Subscribe to the Week