Titanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week