Titanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
Subscribe to the Week