itanic stars Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio and director James Cameron last week donated tens of thousands of dollars to the last remaining survivor of the doomed ocean liner. The stars opened their wallets after learning that 98-year-old Millvina Dean, who was 9 weeks old when she was rescued from the Titanic, was having trouble paying her nursing home bills. The friend of Dean who contacted them said he was still waiting to hear from Celine Dion, who sang the movie’s centerpiece song.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
Subscribe to the Week