Donald Trump this week ruled that Carrie Prejean would keep her title as Miss California USA. Prejean, who was celebrated by social conservatives for saying at the Miss USA pageant that she didn’t believe in gay marriage, was in danger of losing her state crown after seminude photos of her surfaced on the Internet. Prejean this week said some of the pictures were Photoshopped, while others were taken on “a windy day” that blew her top open without her knowledge. Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant, defended the pictures as “acceptable and in many cases very lovely.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week