onald Trump this week ruled that Carrie Prejean would keep her title as Miss California USA. Prejean, who was celebrated by social conservatives for saying at the Miss USA pageant that she didn’t believe in gay marriage, was in danger of losing her state crown after seminude photos of her surfaced on the Internet. Prejean this week said some of the pictures were Photoshopped, while others were taken on “a windy day” that blew her top open without her knowledge. Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant, defended the pictures as “acceptable and in many cases very lovely.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week