Donald Trump this week ruled that Carrie Prejean would keep her title as Miss California USA. Prejean, who was celebrated by social conservatives for saying at the Miss USA pageant that she didn’t believe in gay marriage, was in danger of losing her state crown after seminude photos of her surfaced on the Internet. Prejean this week said some of the pictures were Photoshopped, while others were taken on “a windy day” that blew her top open without her knowledge. Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant, defended the pictures as “acceptable and in many cases very lovely.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: September 23, 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week