onald Trump this week ruled that Carrie Prejean would keep her title as Miss California USA. Prejean, who was celebrated by social conservatives for saying at the Miss USA pageant that she didn’t believe in gay marriage, was in danger of losing her state crown after seminude photos of her surfaced on the Internet. Prejean this week said some of the pictures were Photoshopped, while others were taken on “a windy day” that blew her top open without her knowledge. Trump, who owns the Miss USA pageant, defended the pictures as “acceptable and in many cases very lovely.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
Subscribe to the Week