Kiefer Sutherland was arrested last week for allegedly head-butting a fashion designer after a party at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art. Witnesses said Sutherland became incensed after Jack McCollough accidentally jostled his conversation partner, Brooke Shields. “He was just roiling drunk and looking for something to smack,” McCollough told police. Sutherland was charged with misdemeanor assault, but could face serious consequences because he is on probation for drunken driving.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
Subscribe to the Week