Facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account will forever delete your Facebook.com account, along with all photos, notes, and other accumulated data. To save these, but still jump off the grid, opt for “deactivation.”
Netflix.com/SubscriptionCancel?lnkctr=yas_cancel is Netflix.com’s secret portal for “immediate” cancellation: You have seven days to return any DVDs, and then are cut off from streaming movies. You won’t even receive free trial offers “ever again.”
Tweetake.com and Twittersafe.com are sites that can back up all your “tweets,” messages, and “followers”—just in case you’ve Twittered all you have to Twitter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
Subscribe to the Week