Facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account will forever delete your Facebook.com account, along with all photos, notes, and other accumulated data. To save these, but still jump off the grid, opt for “deactivation.”
Netflix.com/SubscriptionCancel?lnkctr=yas_cancel is Netflix.com’s secret portal for “immediate” cancellation: You have seven days to return any DVDs, and then are cut off from streaming movies. You won’t even receive free trial offers “ever again.”
Tweetake.com and Twittersafe.com are sites that can back up all your “tweets,” messages, and “followers”—just in case you’ve Twittered all you have to Twitter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
Subscribe to the Week