Facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account will forever delete your Facebook.com account, along with all photos, notes, and other accumulated data. To save these, but still jump off the grid, opt for “deactivation.”
Netflix.com/SubscriptionCancel?lnkctr=yas_cancel is Netflix.com’s secret portal for “immediate” cancellation: You have seven days to return any DVDs, and then are cut off from streaming movies. You won’t even receive free trial offers “ever again.”
Tweetake.com and Twittersafe.com are sites that can back up all your “tweets,” messages, and “followers”—just in case you’ve Twittered all you have to Twitter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week