Facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account will forever delete your Facebook.com account, along with all photos, notes, and other accumulated data. To save these, but still jump off the grid, opt for “deactivation.”
Netflix.com/SubscriptionCancel?lnkctr=yas_cancel is Netflix.com’s secret portal for “immediate” cancellation: You have seven days to return any DVDs, and then are cut off from streaming movies. You won’t even receive free trial offers “ever again.”
Tweetake.com and Twittersafe.com are sites that can back up all your “tweets,” messages, and “followers”—just in case you’ve Twittered all you have to Twitter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Gamergate might be gaming sexism's Waterloo
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week