acebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=delete_account will forever delete your Facebook.com account, along with all photos, notes, and other accumulated data. To save these, but still jump off the grid, opt for “deactivation.”
Netflix.com/SubscriptionCancel?lnkctr=yas_cancel is Netflix.com’s secret portal for “immediate” cancellation: You have seven days to return any DVDs, and then are cut off from streaming movies. You won’t even receive free trial offers “ever again.”
Tweetake.com and Twittersafe.com are sites that can back up all your “tweets,” messages, and “followers”—just in case you’ve Twittered all you have to Twitter.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Attack of the invasive species
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week