f the Hoverit Lounger makes you feel like you’re “floating on air,” it’s because you are. The distinctive chair utilizes the “repelling force of magnets in the top of the base and in the bottom of the bed” to keep a person suspended several inches above the ground. To ensure that the chair “won’t float away” entirely, bars on both sides keep the magnets aligned.
Price: $11,250; Contact: Hoverit.co.uk
Source: Financial Times
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- This is the twistiest tongue twister ever, says science
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Was the sign-language interpreter at the Mandela memorial faking it?
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
Subscribe to the Week