65% of American adults say they expect daily newspapers will be extinct within the next 10 years, including 17% who think papers will be gone in less than three years. In the 18–29 age group, 83% give newspapers 10 years or less to survive.
In Alaska, Sarah Palin’s popularity ratings have dropped from 85% in March 2008 to 54% today. About 42% of Alaskans now view her negatively, with many saying she’s put her national ambitions above serving her state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- As deadly skin cancer rates keep climbing, surgeon general says to stop tanning and wear sunscreen
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
Subscribe to the Week