65% of American adults say they expect daily newspapers will be extinct within the next 10 years, including 17% who think papers will be gone in less than three years. In the 18–29 age group, 83% give newspapers 10 years or less to survive.
In Alaska, Sarah Palin’s popularity ratings have dropped from 85% in March 2008 to 54% today. About 42% of Alaskans now view her negatively, with many saying she’s put her national ambitions above serving her state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week