65% of American adults say they expect daily newspapers will be extinct within the next 10 years, including 17% who think papers will be gone in less than three years. In the 18–29 age group, 83% give newspapers 10 years or less to survive.
In Alaska, Sarah Palin’s popularity ratings have dropped from 85% in March 2008 to 54% today. About 42% of Alaskans now view her negatively, with many saying she’s put her national ambitions above serving her state.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- The impossible promise at the heart of Scotland's campaign for independence
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week