eith Olbermann is taking his misogyny to a new level, said Don Surber in the Charleston, W.V., Daily Mail. The MSNBC host's vicious attack on Miss California USA Carrie Prejean—which included seven minutes of judgmental "yakking about Prejean's breast implants"—was so over-the-top that it set off an epidemic of "liberal cannibalism," with Olbermann's fellow lefties expressing disgust in their blogs.
Olbermann so thoroughly demolished Prejean with his rant, said Gawker (includes a video clip of Olbermann's segment on Prejean), that it was hard not to feel a "twinge of sympathy" for her, even among those who disagree with her opposition to gay marriage. After all, she's just like anybody else who, at 21, doesn't know any better because they grew up surrounded by "ignorance and intolerance for gays."
Before you start feeling too sorry for Carrie Prejean, said Paul Bedard in U.S. News & World Report, remember that the conservative darling also has friends in the cable news business. Prejean is scheduled to be a guest host on Fox News Channel's popular morning show, Fox & Friends, on May 27. "Fox & Friends has used news celebs before, and some have gone on to bigger and better things."
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- The indignity of canine bath time
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2: Watch the overstuffed first trailer
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- These 5 far-out space projects are making science fiction a reality
Subscribe to the Week