uslims mustn’t be fooled by the “beautiful words” of America’s new president, said Mostapha Mohammad in Egypt’s Amal Al Ummah (via WorldMeets.us). Barack Obama is coming to Egypt to make another attempt to convince the Islamic world that under his leadership the U.S. is no longer the “arrogant, stupid, selfish” nation it was under George W. Bush. But Obama is really just trying to sell himself to an American audience. His words “will bring no real benefit to the people he addresses.” He won’t apologize for the “barbaric destruction of Iraq.” He won’t stop “dropping bombs on Pakistan.” You see, America is still the same monster it was before. That “is why the hatred of Arab and Muslim people is rising every day.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week