“Mel Gibson's girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant with his child,” said TMZ. Apparently, the 39-year-old Russian singer “is in her second trimester,” and Gibson “has already told his estranged wife, Robyn, and their children about the news.” Things sure are moving fast for Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva—Robyn Gibson only filed for divorce a little over a month ago.
“If the news is true,” said Bridget Daly in Hollyscoop, “it looks like Robyn will be getting a lot of money out of this divorce!” Mel should have at least waited until his marriage was officially over before he got his new girlfriend pregnant.
Not only that, said The Hollywood Gossip, but it looks like Mel Gibson could be “in trouble with his God.” Doesn’t premarital sex go against Christian beliefs? Gibson is “a staunch Catholic,” so he may “have some serious explaining to do at the Pearly Gates.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
Subscribe to the Week