“Mel Gibson's girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant with his child,” said TMZ. Apparently, the 39-year-old Russian singer “is in her second trimester,” and Gibson “has already told his estranged wife, Robyn, and their children about the news.” Things sure are moving fast for Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva—Robyn Gibson only filed for divorce a little over a month ago.
“If the news is true,” said Bridget Daly in Hollyscoop, “it looks like Robyn will be getting a lot of money out of this divorce!” Mel should have at least waited until his marriage was officially over before he got his new girlfriend pregnant.
Not only that, said The Hollywood Gossip, but it looks like Mel Gibson could be “in trouble with his God.” Doesn’t premarital sex go against Christian beliefs? Gibson is “a staunch Catholic,” so he may “have some serious explaining to do at the Pearly Gates.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- Today in history: The birth of the federal income tax
Subscribe to the Week