“Mel Gibson's girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant with his child,” said TMZ. Apparently, the 39-year-old Russian singer “is in her second trimester,” and Gibson “has already told his estranged wife, Robyn, and their children about the news.” Things sure are moving fast for Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva—Robyn Gibson only filed for divorce a little over a month ago.
“If the news is true,” said Bridget Daly in Hollyscoop, “it looks like Robyn will be getting a lot of money out of this divorce!” Mel should have at least waited until his marriage was officially over before he got his new girlfriend pregnant.
Not only that, said The Hollywood Gossip, but it looks like Mel Gibson could be “in trouble with his God.” Doesn’t premarital sex go against Christian beliefs? Gibson is “a staunch Catholic,” so he may “have some serious explaining to do at the Pearly Gates.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week