“Mel Gibson's girlfriend, Oksana Grigorieva, is pregnant with his child,” said TMZ. Apparently, the 39-year-old Russian singer “is in her second trimester,” and Gibson “has already told his estranged wife, Robyn, and their children about the news.” Things sure are moving fast for Mel Gibson and Oksana Grigorieva—Robyn Gibson only filed for divorce a little over a month ago.
“If the news is true,” said Bridget Daly in Hollyscoop, “it looks like Robyn will be getting a lot of money out of this divorce!” Mel should have at least waited until his marriage was officially over before he got his new girlfriend pregnant.
Not only that, said The Hollywood Gossip, but it looks like Mel Gibson could be “in trouble with his God.” Doesn’t premarital sex go against Christian beliefs? Gibson is “a staunch Catholic,” so he may “have some serious explaining to do at the Pearly Gates.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week