f you think it’s hard being married to Kate Gosselin, said US Weekly, try working for her. The mom on TLC reality show “Jon & Kate Plus 8” is often snippy with her husband, Jon, but she “is even more combative” with her employees. Baby nurse Angela Krall, who watched the couple’s sextuplets for a year, says Kate Gosselin once fired 40 nurses and nurses' aides in three months.
It might be hard to make a living working for Kate Gosselin, said the gossip blog Celebitchy, but the rift in her marriage has been a gold mine for Us Weekly. First, the magazine collected insider information and photographs to support a story on how Jon was cheating on Kate, then it focused on Kate’s relationship with the family’s bodyguard. And now the big news is Kate’s “crazy demands” on her staff—including the time she fired someone for washing her hands in the kitchen instead of the bathroom.
Kate Gosselin apparently has made plenty of enemies, said gossip blogger Perez Hilton, “and they are all coming out of the woodwork to speak up.” It’s a safe bet that there’s more dirt to come. “It’s called a firestorm, people. Hitch on for the ride.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week