If you think it’s hard being married to Kate Gosselin, said US Weekly, try working for her. The mom on TLC reality show “Jon & Kate Plus 8” is often snippy with her husband, Jon, but she “is even more combative” with her employees. Baby nurse Angela Krall, who watched the couple’s sextuplets for a year, says Kate Gosselin once fired 40 nurses and nurses' aides in three months.
It might be hard to make a living working for Kate Gosselin, said the gossip blog Celebitchy, but the rift in her marriage has been a gold mine for Us Weekly. First, the magazine collected insider information and photographs to support a story on how Jon was cheating on Kate, then it focused on Kate’s relationship with the family’s bodyguard. And now the big news is Kate’s “crazy demands” on her staff—including the time she fired someone for washing her hands in the kitchen instead of the bathroom.
Kate Gosselin apparently has made plenty of enemies, said gossip blogger Perez Hilton, “and they are all coming out of the woodwork to speak up.” It’s a safe bet that there’s more dirt to come. “It’s called a firestorm, people. Hitch on for the ride.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
Subscribe to the Week