Talk about blunt, said Radar Online. Kate Gosselin gave her husband, Jon, “a contract saying he could date others as long as he showed up for filming of their hit reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8,” according to Kate Gosselin’s brother and sister-in-law Kevin and Jodi Kreider. It's no secret the couple has “ignored their marital problems to keep the show's ratings high,” but even Jon was "taken aback" by how matter-of-factly Kate essentially terminated their relationship.
“This sounds outrageous to me,” said I’m Not Obsessed. Kate Gosselin did say recently that their “show is all they have—both Kate and Jon quit their jobs to film the show and be with their children full time.” And "large sums of money" can make people do crazy things. Still, “why in the world would Kate's brother and sister-in-law be talking publicly” about this?
Jodi Kreider says she did it to protect Jon and Kate’s children, of course, said Megan Gall in Examiner.com. She says she's trying to urge authorities to look into the situation, and to pass laws to protect kids in reality TV shows. But it's hard to see how “broadcasting” the Gosselin’s “dirty laundry” is really “going to better the family's current situation.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
Subscribe to the Week