alk about blunt, said Radar Online. Kate Gosselin gave her husband, Jon, “a contract saying he could date others as long as he showed up for filming of their hit reality show, Jon & Kate Plus 8,” according to Kate Gosselin’s brother and sister-in-law Kevin and Jodi Kreider. It's no secret the couple has “ignored their marital problems to keep the show's ratings high,” but even Jon was "taken aback" by how matter-of-factly Kate essentially terminated their relationship.
“This sounds outrageous to me,” said I’m Not Obsessed. Kate Gosselin did say recently that their “show is all they have—both Kate and Jon quit their jobs to film the show and be with their children full time.” And "large sums of money" can make people do crazy things. Still, “why in the world would Kate's brother and sister-in-law be talking publicly” about this?
Jodi Kreider says she did it to protect Jon and Kate’s children, of course, said Megan Gall in Examiner.com. She says she's trying to urge authorities to look into the situation, and to pass laws to protect kids in reality TV shows. But it's hard to see how “broadcasting” the Gosselin’s “dirty laundry” is really “going to better the family's current situation.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 18, 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week