oody Allen this week settled his lawsuit against American Apparel after the clothing company agreed to pay him $5 million for using his image on billboards without permission. Allen had originally sued for $10 million, saying the company had used a photo of him as a Hasidic Jew as part of a “sleazy” ad campaign and that he would never do a commercial unless he was paid “a large amount of money.”
- 10 things you need to know today: December 12, 2013
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Watch The Daily Show try to cheer the end of congressional gridlock
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Did Paul Ryan just throw in the towel on 2016?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- The Black Death is back
Subscribe to the Week