oody Allen this week settled his lawsuit against American Apparel after the clothing company agreed to pay him $5 million for using his image on billboards without permission. Allen had originally sued for $10 million, saying the company had used a photo of him as a Hasidic Jew as part of a “sleazy” ad campaign and that he would never do a commercial unless he was paid “a large amount of money.”
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
Subscribe to the Week