ayak.com/airline-fees brings together “fee charts that cover multiple airlines.” Extra fees “can turn a cheap fare into an expensive one,” so check the fine print before booking.
Mobissimo.com and Kayak.com are “booking aggregators” for flight, hotel, and rental-car quotes. A single search can “scan numerous sites and cull the results” to present you with estimates. Sign up for their “customizable fare-alert services” as well.
Farecast.com tracks whether fares “between specific markets are heading up or down.” Type in your departure and arrival and learn whether to buy now or hold off.
Cheapoair.com, Smartertravel.com, and Budgettravel.com search high and low for current promotions and are “full of bargains.”
Source: The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week