Kayak.com/airline-fees brings together “fee charts that cover multiple airlines.” Extra fees “can turn a cheap fare into an expensive one,” so check the fine print before booking.
Mobissimo.com and Kayak.com are “booking aggregators” for flight, hotel, and rental-car quotes. A single search can “scan numerous sites and cull the results” to present you with estimates. Sign up for their “customizable fare-alert services” as well.
Farecast.com tracks whether fares “between specific markets are heading up or down.” Type in your departure and arrival and learn whether to buy now or hold off.
Cheapoair.com, Smartertravel.com, and Budgettravel.com search high and low for current promotions and are “full of bargains.”
Source: The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Why insects are the future of food
- The super-rich are just as miserable as the rest of us
- How to be charismatic, according to science
Subscribe to the Week