Kayak.com/airline-fees brings together “fee charts that cover multiple airlines.” Extra fees “can turn a cheap fare into an expensive one,” so check the fine print before booking.
Mobissimo.com and Kayak.com are “booking aggregators” for flight, hotel, and rental-car quotes. A single search can “scan numerous sites and cull the results” to present you with estimates. Sign up for their “customizable fare-alert services” as well.
Farecast.com tracks whether fares “between specific markets are heading up or down.” Type in your departure and arrival and learn whether to buy now or hold off.
Cheapoair.com, Smartertravel.com, and Budgettravel.com search high and low for current promotions and are “full of bargains.”
Source: The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
Subscribe to the Week