Kayak.com/airline-fees brings together “fee charts that cover multiple airlines.” Extra fees “can turn a cheap fare into an expensive one,” so check the fine print before booking.
Mobissimo.com and Kayak.com are “booking aggregators” for flight, hotel, and rental-car quotes. A single search can “scan numerous sites and cull the results” to present you with estimates. Sign up for their “customizable fare-alert services” as well.
Farecast.com tracks whether fares “between specific markets are heading up or down.” Type in your departure and arrival and learn whether to buy now or hold off.
Cheapoair.com, Smartertravel.com, and Budgettravel.com search high and low for current promotions and are “full of bargains.”
Source: The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Briefing: Offshore drilling and the environment
Subscribe to the Week