Kayak.com/airline-fees brings together “fee charts that cover multiple airlines.” Extra fees “can turn a cheap fare into an expensive one,” so check the fine print before booking.
Mobissimo.com and Kayak.com are “booking aggregators” for flight, hotel, and rental-car quotes. A single search can “scan numerous sites and cull the results” to present you with estimates. Sign up for their “customizable fare-alert services” as well.
Farecast.com tracks whether fares “between specific markets are heading up or down.” Type in your departure and arrival and learn whether to buy now or hold off.
Cheapoair.com, Smartertravel.com, and Budgettravel.com search high and low for current promotions and are “full of bargains.”
Source: The Washington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- How computers will replace your doctor
Subscribe to the Week