“That Miss California crown may be still firmly affixed to her head,” said Sheila Marikar in ABCNews.com, “but controversy won’t stop swirling around Carrie Prejean and her family.” Now Valerie Vetrano, an openly gay woman from Corona, Calif., “claims she had a lesbian relationship with Prejean's mom, Francine Coppola.” Here we go again.
This seems pretty hard to believe, said Hollywood Grind. “We want to hear from Francine”—until we do, we’re not going to take this latest rumor too seriously. Then again, “during their divorce, both Francine and her ex-husband accused each other of having gay relationships during their marriage,” so who knows at this point.
We don’t usually “believe much of what we hear surrounding Carrie Prejean,” said Women on the Web, “but this latest gossip has us wondering if the controversial Miss California’s mother is a closeted lesbian.” According to Valerie Vetrano, Francine Coppola kept their affair a secret because she knew her Christian family would never understand. Given Carrie Prejean’s feelings about gay marriage, Vetrano “may be onto something there.”
- How does chocolate milk stack up as a sports drink?
- Why Republicans shouldn't get too excited over Obama's stumbles
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 10 things you need to know today: December 11, 2013
- The last racial taboo
- TIME chose Pope Francis as its Person of the Year. And it was the perfect choice for the Upworthy era.
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
Subscribe to the Week