Only 31% of Israelis consider President Obama to be “pro-Israel.” 14% consider him “pro-Palestinian” and 40% feel he is neutral on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. George W. Bush was considered pro-Israel by 88% of Israelis.
Smith Research Poll
43% of voters say they believe that the CIA misled House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and did not inform her about the waterboarding of suspected terrorists. 41% believe that Pelosi was informed about the use of the harsh interrogation technique.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week