OOD DAY FOR: Affordable luxuries, as expensive designer jeans are still selling strong, bucking the broad downturn in luxury goods. Premium jeans sales rose 2.3 percent in the first quarter, according to NPD Group, making them one of the few “pockets of growth in an otherwise fizzling fashion market.” Why are people willing to shell out $300 for a pair of jeans in hard economic times? “They make my butt look perky,” said fashion blogger Jessica Morgan. (Los Angeles Times)
BAD DAY FOR: Pizza mascots, after a 34-year-old Massachusetts man was fined $500 for beheading Chuck E. Cheese at his son’s 11th birthday party. Trahan Pires apparently thought the mascot was pinning his son against a video game, so he attacked and tore off the head of the Chuck E. Cheese costume. Witnesses back up Mr. Cheese’s story, that he was just trying to walk through a rowdy group of kids. The prosecution had asked for 6 months in jail. (The Inquisitr)
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week