hat was quick, said gossip blog X17. Mel Gibson has confirmed a rumor that has swirled for weeks—he’s expecting a child with girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva. Gibson, who has seven children with soon-to-be-ex-wife Robyn, shared the news with Jay Leno during a taping of The Tonight Show, saying, “I guess I’m Octo-Mel.”
Gibson may be laughing now, said Bill Zwecker in the Chicago Sun-Times, but his predicament is going to cost him plenty. Robyn Gibson is expected to win half of the movie star’s $750 million fortune, and Gibson has agreed to give Grigorieva $10 million when the baby is born. Plus, the Ukrainian opera singer will get a nice chunk of child support every month.
How “hilarious,” said The Hollywood Gossip blog. Gibson, a staunch Catholic who says there’s no salvation for anyone outside the church, is trampling church doctrine by divorcing his wife and having a child out of wedlock. “How are you preparing to rot in hell for all eternity, Mel?”
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Instagram might be ruining our memories. Here's why that's a good thing.
Subscribe to the Week