ood week for:
Lively campaigns, after porn star Stormy Daniels formed a committee to explore a run for the U.S. Senate representing Louisiana. Daniels hopes to challenge incumbent “family values” Republican David Vitter, who was named last year as a customer of a Washington prostitution ring.
Residents of Butt Hole Road, in South Yorkshire, U.K., who finally tired of the jokes and the busloads of American tourists snapping photos of the street sign, and changed the street’s name to the more respectable Archers Way.
Breaking away, with the news that 200 French prisoners will compete in a 1,400-mile bicycle race to foster their self-esteem. The prisoners’ Tour de France will be monitored by 124 guards on bicycles. “It’s kind of an escape for us,” said one prisoner, “a chance to break away from the daily reality of prison.”
Bad week for:
Johnny Sue-nami,’ also known as Jonathan Lee Riches, whom Guinness World Records named as the most litigious man in history for having filed more than 4,000 lawsuits against parties ranging from George W. Bush to Britney Spears and Nostradamus. Riches said Guinness had defamed him and vowed to sue.
Empathy, after Chen Fuchao of China, who held up traffic for five hours by threatening to jump off a bridge, was finally shoved off it by an impatient commuter. “Jumpers like Chen are very selfish,” explained retired soldier Lai Jiansheng, 66. Chen landed on an emergency air cushion and survived.
Hayden Panettiere, after the Heroes actress unveiled her new tattoo with the Italian message, “Vivere senza rimipianti.” It means “Live without regrets.” Or it would if the last word weren’t misspelled.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- All the World Cup mascots, ranked
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Subscribe to the Week