"American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert “has steadfastly refused to talk about his sexuality,” said Paula Froelich in the New York Post, “despite photos of him on his Web site tongue-kissing men and dressed in full drag—but not for much longer.” Our “well-placed magazine source” tells us that “Lambert will be coming out officially on the next cover of Rolling Stone.”
Lambert did recently “hint that the upcoming Rolling Stone story might have more information” about his sexuality, said Sara Brady in Your Tango. But other than that, he “hasn’t said much,” and “his rumored boyfriend, Drake, has also been keeping a low profile since dining with Adam and other Idols just before the finale,” so who knows.
“The more people try to push Adam Lambert to spill the beans on his personal life,” said Gil Kaufman in MTV.com, “the more the 'American Idol' runner-up seems to relish keeping them guessing.” He “gamely dodged reporters' questions about whether or not he is gay” during his entire run on Idol, but we’ll know soon enough if he’s decided to open up.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- How Captain America won over China
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- Attack of the invasive species
- When will the Big One strike California?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week