Truman refused to use nukes in the Korean War. If he hadn't, nuclear weapons would have been dropped again and again.
If Truman had used nukes in the Korean War they would have been dropped again and again.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The Pentagon's troubled, expensive new fighter jet
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week