ood day for: Moving, as the number of people buying existing homes in April posted the largest monthly jump in nearly eight years, according to the National Association of Realtors. The statistic suggests that sales the long and painful slump is nearing an end, Jennifer Lee, an economist at BMO Capital Markets, wrote in a note to clients. "Now if only prices would stabilize." (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for: Relating to the common man, as billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a campaign event Monday that President Obama, who earns $400,000 a year and has made millions of dollars from book sales, "doesn't get paid that much" and is "on a budget" like millions of Americans. Forbes magazine ranks Bloomberg, whose net worth is $16.5 billion, as the 17th wealthiest person in the world. (BusinessWeek)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
Subscribe to the Week