ood day for: Moving, as the number of people buying existing homes in April posted the largest monthly jump in nearly eight years, according to the National Association of Realtors. The statistic suggests that sales the long and painful slump is nearing an end, Jennifer Lee, an economist at BMO Capital Markets, wrote in a note to clients. "Now if only prices would stabilize." (AP in Yahoo Finance)
Bad day for: Relating to the common man, as billionaire Mayor Michael Bloomberg said at a campaign event Monday that President Obama, who earns $400,000 a year and has made millions of dollars from book sales, "doesn't get paid that much" and is "on a budget" like millions of Americans. Forbes magazine ranks Bloomberg, whose net worth is $16.5 billion, as the 17th wealthiest person in the world. (BusinessWeek)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- The executioners' lament
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- All the World Cup mascots, ranked
Subscribe to the Week