“Now that you've finally gotten the image of Sacha Baron Cohen's crotch in Eminem's face out of your head,” said PopEater, here’s the latest “controversy swirling around the Bruno and Borat star.” A woman named Richelle Olson “is suing the prankster and NBC Universal,” claiming that she suffered “two brain bleeds” in a scuffle that ensued after she tried to grab the microphone at a staged celebrity Bingo game hosted by Cohen “as his flamboyant character Bruno.”
“It's all fun and games until someone gets confined to a wheelchair,” said TMZ. In addition to her claim that she was left “crippled” by the attack at the Bingo hall, Olson and her husband are “suing for unspecified damages, including loss of marital relations”—this could be trouble for Sacha Baron Cohen and Universal.
Cohen is no stranger to lawsuits, said Starpulse. He’s “faced a variety of legal troubles over his comic creations in the past, including a string of lawsuits from members of the public who alleged they were duped into appearing in his 2006 film Borat.” Last year, two of those cases were dismissed by the courts—we’ll have to wait and see what happens to this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 7 tips for keeping your man (from the 1950s)
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- How the elderly are treated around the world
Subscribe to the Week