“Now that you've finally gotten the image of Sacha Baron Cohen's crotch in Eminem's face out of your head,” said PopEater, here’s the latest “controversy swirling around the Bruno and Borat star.” A woman named Richelle Olson “is suing the prankster and NBC Universal,” claiming that she suffered “two brain bleeds” in a scuffle that ensued after she tried to grab the microphone at a staged celebrity Bingo game hosted by Cohen “as his flamboyant character Bruno.”
“It's all fun and games until someone gets confined to a wheelchair,” said TMZ. In addition to her claim that she was left “crippled” by the attack at the Bingo hall, Olson and her husband are “suing for unspecified damages, including loss of marital relations”—this could be trouble for Sacha Baron Cohen and Universal.
Cohen is no stranger to lawsuits, said Starpulse. He’s “faced a variety of legal troubles over his comic creations in the past, including a string of lawsuits from members of the public who alleged they were duped into appearing in his 2006 film Borat.” Last year, two of those cases were dismissed by the courts—we’ll have to wait and see what happens to this one.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Why insects are the future of food
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week