The Americans have been arming the insurgents in Pakistan, said the Peshawar Frontier Post in an editorial. As a U.S. report just acknowledged, Pakistani tribal lands are awash in American weapons. This can’t be an accident. We’ve been wondering how these new insurgent leaders -- such as Baitullah Mehsud -- with no links to the tribal areas could suddenly have so much "money, arms, and war equipment pouring in clandestinely." And we wondered why one militant, Naik Mohammed, was killed by a U.S. drone after he had signed a peace pact with the Pakistani army. The answer is now clear: The U.S. is trying to cause a civil war in Pakistan. "It is a diabolical act, aimed at our country’s very existence."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- How to be charismatic, according to science
- Why insects are the future of food
Subscribe to the Week