"For such a little person," said Perez Hilton, "Danny DeVito knows how to pack a six-pack away!" On the set of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia on Tuesday morning, the 64-year-old actor drank his way through a live interview with a local Philadelphia reporter, and the results were "completely and ridiculously inappropriate—which is just how we like it!" (watch the Danny DeVito interview)
For being "drunk at 8 a.m.," said Bunny With Fangs, DeVito managed to accomplish a lot in a short period of time. "He talks about childbirth, hits on the reporter, and embarrasses his posse of people all in, like, three minutes"—this interview was "epic."
This isn't the first time Danny DeVito's appeared tipsy on morning TV, said Tim Surette in TV.com. "DeVito also famously appeared under the influence on an episode of The View." (watch) At least during his latest display, his Sunny cast mates were there to attempt some "damage control, but once the beast is out of the cage, all they can really do is watch him do his thing."
DeVito's rep insists that the whole thing was an act, said Radar Online. But considering DeVito's record with public drunkenness, and the fact the he has his very own brand of limoncello, you have to wonder. But either way, his interview in Philadelphia on Tuesday was highly entertaining.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- The Daily Show has some fun mocking the CPAC power players
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Watch Zach Galifianakis get annoyed at President Obama on Between Two Ferns
- 10 things you need to know today: March 11, 2014
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
Subscribe to the Week