Americans are crazy for Charles Dickens books in hard times. But don't look to the Victorian novelist for financial advice.
Americans love reading Charles Dickens in hard times. But don't look to the Victorian novelist for financial advice.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- The constant struggle of running a family farm in 21st century America
- How to stop misogynists from terrorizing the world of gamers
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week