OOD DAY FOR: Flying free, after British Airways asked more than 30,000 workers to work for nothing, either through unpaid leave or unpaid work, for up to a month. The airline said that more than 1,000 employees have actually taken it up on the request, including CEO Willie Walsh, who is giving up his $100,000 monthly paycheck in July. (BBC News)
BAD DAY FOR: Sleeping on the job, after a Belgian teenager got 56 stars tattooed on her face, rather than the three she said she asked for, when she fell asleep at the tattoo parlor. Kimberley Vlaeminck, 18, complained about the 53 extra stars to the police. The tattoo artist says Vlaeminck asked for all 56 stars, but had second thoughts after her father saw the results. (Reuters)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
Subscribe to the Week