he U.S. is arming Georgia to fight Russia, said Kirill Troitsky in the Russian military newspaper Voyenno-Promyshlenny Kurier. The Americans’ "open support of the militarist Georgian leadership was a major, if not decisive, factor that encouraged Georgian aggression" against the pro-Russian, breakaway province of South Ossetia last summer. Now they are doing it again, openly arming the regime of Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili. U.S. experts admit delivering nearly 1,000 tons of weapons to Georgia, including machine guns. If Georgia rebuilds its military capability, it will be emboldened to attack the Ossetians again, forcing another Russian response. "Did the war teach the U.S. nothing?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
Subscribe to the Week