"It's official," said Radar Online. "Jon and Kate Gosselin will announce on Monday that they are divorcing, a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively." America has watched Jon and Kate's marriage unravel in the tabloids and on the Gosselins' reality TV show, "Jon & Kate Plus 8," after infidelity rumors began to fly. Now TLC is airing a video saying Jon and Kate would be making a major announcement on Monday.
The Jon and Kate announcement spoiler says it all, said Verne Gay in Newsday. Kate Gosselin says that she and Jon have made "some life-changing decisions that will affect every member of our family." After all the affairs and fights, Jon and Kate Gosselin are not planning to announce that they're getting their sextuplets and twins a new puppy—which is why everyone is speculating that Jon and Kate are getting a divorce.
Gossip bloggers everywhere are calling the Jon and Kate announcement spoiler proof that a Gosselin divorce is coming, said B.J. Hammerstein in the Detroit Free Press. Maybe, maybe not. But "something big is brewing," and TLC has confirmed that it is running a special episode of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" at 9 p.m. Monday. "Whatever the big announcement, it's certain to bring another level of drama and big ratings to TLC" in an already record-shattering season.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week