Results: Brrrrrrriliant! In light of the popularity of all things penguin and the fact that two gay penguins in a German zoo successfully hatched and raised a chick, we asked you to predict the name of the first movie to be made about them. You waddled in with: Two and a Half Menguins, Two Penguins and a Baby, Two Men and a Penguin. And –
FIRST PRIZE: Brokeback Iceberg.
Kyle Rimler, Terrell, TX (first of several similar entries)
SECOND PRIZE: La Cage Aux Poles
Janet Gillen, San Francisco
THIRD PRIZE: Hatch Me If You Can!
Dyann Wasilewski, Plains, PA
Michael Salstein, San Francisco
Tom Evans, Pasadena
La Cage Aux Fowls
Doug Compton, Andover, NJ (first of several similar entries)
“Out” in the Cold
Jennifer Schmidt, Chalfont, PA
Michael Eidel, Warrington, PA
The Iceman Nurtureth
Bill Muse, Seattle
Franz and Heinz plus Eins
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TV
Bill and Ted’s Eggsitting Adventure
Rick Cooley, Decatur, GA (first of several similar entries)
The Threepenguie Opera
Thomas J. Knott, Amherst, NH
Lyn Martin, Essex, CT (first of several similar entries)
It Tux Two
Sam Sheagren, Carlsbad, CA
Two and a Half Tuxedos
Dan Rosenberg, Warren, NJ
Mona Prenoveau, Rockport, MA
Cara Wilson-Granat, Rocklin, CA (first of several similar entries)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week