Results: Brrrrrrriliant! In light of the popularity of all things penguin and the fact that two gay penguins in a German zoo successfully hatched and raised a chick, we asked you to predict the name of the first movie to be made about them. You waddled in with: Two and a Half Menguins, Two Penguins and a Baby, Two Men and a Penguin. And –
FIRST PRIZE: Brokeback Iceberg.
Kyle Rimler, Terrell, TX (first of several similar entries)
SECOND PRIZE: La Cage Aux Poles
Janet Gillen, San Francisco
THIRD PRIZE: Hatch Me If You Can!
Dyann Wasilewski, Plains, PA
Michael Salstein, San Francisco
Tom Evans, Pasadena
La Cage Aux Fowls
Doug Compton, Andover, NJ (first of several similar entries)
“Out” in the Cold
Jennifer Schmidt, Chalfont, PA
Michael Eidel, Warrington, PA
The Iceman Nurtureth
Bill Muse, Seattle
Franz and Heinz plus Eins
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TV
Bill and Ted’s Eggsitting Adventure
Rick Cooley, Decatur, GA (first of several similar entries)
The Threepenguie Opera
Thomas J. Knott, Amherst, NH
Lyn Martin, Essex, CT (first of several similar entries)
It Tux Two
Sam Sheagren, Carlsbad, CA
Two and a Half Tuxedos
Dan Rosenberg, Warren, NJ
Mona Prenoveau, Rockport, MA
Cara Wilson-Granat, Rocklin, CA (first of several similar entries)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
- Texas has been holding this man hostage for 12,600 days
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- How Captain America won over China
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week