Results: Brrrrrrriliant! In light of the popularity of all things penguin and the fact that two gay penguins in a German zoo successfully hatched and raised a chick, we asked you to predict the name of the first movie to be made about them. You waddled in with: Two and a Half Menguins, Two Penguins and a Baby, Two Men and a Penguin. And –
FIRST PRIZE: Brokeback Iceberg.
Kyle Rimler, Terrell, TX (first of several similar entries)
SECOND PRIZE: La Cage Aux Poles
Janet Gillen, San Francisco
THIRD PRIZE: Hatch Me If You Can!
Dyann Wasilewski, Plains, PA
Michael Salstein, San Francisco
Tom Evans, Pasadena
La Cage Aux Fowls
Doug Compton, Andover, NJ (first of several similar entries)
“Out” in the Cold
Jennifer Schmidt, Chalfont, PA
Michael Eidel, Warrington, PA
The Iceman Nurtureth
Bill Muse, Seattle
Franz and Heinz plus Eins
Frank Letchworth, Knoxville, TV
Bill and Ted’s Eggsitting Adventure
Rick Cooley, Decatur, GA (first of several similar entries)
The Threepenguie Opera
Thomas J. Knott, Amherst, NH
Lyn Martin, Essex, CT (first of several similar entries)
It Tux Two
Sam Sheagren, Carlsbad, CA
Two and a Half Tuxedos
Dan Rosenberg, Warren, NJ
Mona Prenoveau, Rockport, MA
Cara Wilson-Granat, Rocklin, CA (first of several similar entries)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- SNL tackles Vladimir Putin's Ukraine invasion, politically and personally
Subscribe to the Week