GOOD DAY FOR: Winding down, as several studies conclude that zoning out is a very common human trait—and an essential one. Letting your mind wander helps you work through important problems and see the bigger picture. (Discover, via Lifehacker)
BAD DAY FOR: Taking off, after Boeing delayed the maiden voyage of its 787 Dreamliner—again—by several weeks, citing a weak side section. The wildly successful plane is already two years behind schedule, leading some airlines to drop their orders. The delays have been a boon to rival Airbus, whose similar A350 model is siphoning away some Dreamliner orders, even though the A350 doesn’t hit the skies until three years after the 787. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week