GOOD DAY FOR: Winding down, as several studies conclude that zoning out is a very common human trait—and an essential one. Letting your mind wander helps you work through important problems and see the bigger picture. (Discover, via Lifehacker)
BAD DAY FOR: Taking off, after Boeing delayed the maiden voyage of its 787 Dreamliner—again—by several weeks, citing a weak side section. The wildly successful plane is already two years behind schedule, leading some airlines to drop their orders. The delays have been a boon to rival Airbus, whose similar A350 model is siphoning away some Dreamliner orders, even though the A350 doesn’t hit the skies until three years after the 787. (Bloomberg)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- Game of Thrones is making a huge mistake by cutting Lady Stoneheart
Subscribe to the Week