Good Day, Bad Day
Unlikely comebacks, old standbys.
GOOD DAY FOR: Unlikely comebacks, as Amtrak is projecting its fifth consecutive record year for passenger-train ridership. The flock to trains has been helped by high gas prices, airport problems, and expanded routes in California and Illinois. But Amtrak still isn’t turning a profit. (AP in Yahoo! Finance)
BAD DAY FOR: Old standbys, as technology consulting firm Capgemini said it will start recommending Google’s suite of office software to its business clients. Capgemini, which helps determine the software on more than a million business PCs, is the first major tech consultancy to back Google’s business software—a market dominated by Microsoft and IBM. (AP in BusinessWeek.com)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The militarization of America’s police
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
Subscribe to the Week