There's a new wrinkle in the question of what happens to Michael Jackson's children, said TMZ. "Multiple sources deeply connected to the births tell us Michael was not the sperm donor for any of his kids." And to make the issue even more complicated, the same sources say that Debbie Rowe was not the biological mother of the first two of the King of Pop's three children.
"Just when you think the Michael Jackson case couldn't get any stranger," said Bill Zwecker in the Chicago Sun-Times, "it does." And if all you're asking is "Are Michael Jackson's kids not his?" you're only scratching the surface. "Even more shocking was a report that Rowe's former employer, Jackson's dermatologist Dr. Arnold Klein, was the sperm donor for both Prince Michael and Paris," Jackson's first two children. Klein declined to comment, and sources close to the Jackson family insisted that Jackson and Debbie Rowe are the kids' biological parents.
"One suspect in the continuing mystery of who is the biological father of Michael Jackson’s children eliminated himself from consideration Wednesday," said Mike Celizic in MSNBC. "Al Malnik, a former Jackson friend, said he is not, as sometimes reported, the biological parent of his godson and Jackson’s third child, Prince Michael II, better known as Blanket."
"Muddying the custody issue even more is the report that MJ never filed legal papers to adopt his children," said OK! magazine. Legal experts cited by TMZ said courts would likely proceed without questioning whether Prince Michael, Paris, and Jackson's third child, known as Blanket, were really his. The children are in the custody of Jackson's mother, Katherine, who reportedly was named as custodian in Jackson's will. For the children's sake, let's hope "a resolution will be reached soon."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
Subscribe to the Week