What a way to find out your husband was cheating, said Tia Ghianni and Jonathan Lemire in the New York Daily News. "The wife of slain quarterback Steve McNair may have only learned about the gridiron star's affair with a gorgeous young woman after the clandestine couple's grisly deaths." Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi (her first name also has been reported as Saleh) were found in a Nashville condo—he had been shot four times, and Kazemi had been shot once in the head.
News on the deaths was scarce at first, said The Inquisitr, but the details that have trickled out make it sound like Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi may have died in a murder-suicide. Police have ruled McNair's death a homicide—he was shot twice in the head and twice in the body. "So far, this situation has all the earmarks of of a love triangle gone bad."
Police aren't jumping to any conclusions, said Theresa M. Walker in the Associated Press. Right now, the only thing clear about the deaths of Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi is that a young woman and one of professional football's more respected quarterbacks are gone. McNair endeared himself to fans with his "blue-collar playing style" and with his charity work. The circumstances of McNair's death revealed he wasn't perfect, but remember, said longtime friend Robert Gaddy, "we just lost a great member of society."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to make corn dogs
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week