hat a way to find out your husband was cheating, said Tia Ghianni and Jonathan Lemire in the New York Daily News. "The wife of slain quarterback Steve McNair may have only learned about the gridiron star's affair with a gorgeous young woman after the clandestine couple's grisly deaths." Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi (her first name also has been reported as Saleh) were found in a Nashville condo—he had been shot four times, and Kazemi had been shot once in the head.
News on the deaths was scarce at first, said The Inquisitr, but the details that have trickled out make it sound like Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi may have died in a murder-suicide. Police have ruled McNair's death a homicide—he was shot twice in the head and twice in the body. "So far, this situation has all the earmarks of of a love triangle gone bad."
Police aren't jumping to any conclusions, said Theresa M. Walker in the Associated Press. Right now, the only thing clear about the deaths of Steve McNair and Sahel Kazemi is that a young woman and one of professional football's more respected quarterbacks are gone. McNair endeared himself to fans with his "blue-collar playing style" and with his charity work. The circumstances of McNair's death revealed he wasn't perfect, but remember, said longtime friend Robert Gaddy, "we just lost a great member of society."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why states should stop limiting the alcohol content in your beer
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
Subscribe to the Week