ood day for: Gun rights, as one of former president George W. Bush's most treasured possessions -- Saddam Hussein's pistol -- will be displayed at Bush's presidential libarary when it opens at Southern Methodist University in 2013. The 9 millimeter Glock 18C pistol was found in the spider hole in Iraq where Hussein was captured in December 2003 by Delta Force soldiers, who later presented the weapon to Bush. (The New York Times)
Bad day for: Admitting mistakes, when a former South Korean company boss who allegedly lost $23.5 million dollars gambling sued a casino, accusing it of fueling his addiction. The 67-year-old man, identified only as Chung, is appealing a November ruling ordering the Kangwon Land casino to pay him only about a tenth of what he lost in damages. (Agence France Presse)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week