The prospect of famine might prompt people to accept genetically modified crops. That's what happened with the potato.
The prospect of famine may get people to accept genetically modified crops. It happened with the potato.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
Subscribe to the Week