Civilian deaths have hurt America's cause, and could 'tip the balance of the Afghan people against us irrevocably.'
Civilian deaths hurt America's cause, and could "tip the balance of the Afghan people against us irrevocably."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week