y Tish Durkin
If you already love Sarah Palin and would follow her anywhere, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term strikes you not only as comprehensible, but brilliant, fantastic, ideal!
If you don't already love Sarah Palin and might or might not follow her to any given place, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term seems loopy, insulting, suspicious, and reckless.
Newsflash: Sarah Palin cannot be elected president on the strength of people who already love her and would follow her anywhere.
Therefore, she is never going to be president.
For a spotlight hound like Palin, that's no biggie. She can be an obscenely paid talk show host and author. She can be a rabidly sought-after public speaker. She can be a powerfully influential Republican fundraiser-thus-powerbroker. But she cannot be president.
So let's stop talking about that, shall we?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Is Biden helping or hurting U.S. interests in Asia?
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- This is how much extra it costs to eat healthy every day
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Why European women are still smoking like chimneys
Subscribe to the Week