y Tish Durkin
If you already love Sarah Palin and would follow her anywhere, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term strikes you not only as comprehensible, but brilliant, fantastic, ideal!
If you don't already love Sarah Palin and might or might not follow her to any given place, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term seems loopy, insulting, suspicious, and reckless.
Newsflash: Sarah Palin cannot be elected president on the strength of people who already love her and would follow her anywhere.
Therefore, she is never going to be president.
For a spotlight hound like Palin, that's no biggie. She can be an obscenely paid talk show host and author. She can be a rabidly sought-after public speaker. She can be a powerfully influential Republican fundraiser-thus-powerbroker. But she cannot be president.
So let's stop talking about that, shall we?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week