y Tish Durkin
If you already love Sarah Palin and would follow her anywhere, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term strikes you not only as comprehensible, but brilliant, fantastic, ideal!
If you don't already love Sarah Palin and might or might not follow her to any given place, her sudden decision to trash the governorship of Alaska halfway into her first term seems loopy, insulting, suspicious, and reckless.
Newsflash: Sarah Palin cannot be elected president on the strength of people who already love her and would follow her anywhere.
Therefore, she is never going to be president.
For a spotlight hound like Palin, that's no biggie. She can be an obscenely paid talk show host and author. She can be a rabidly sought-after public speaker. She can be a powerfully influential Republican fundraiser-thus-powerbroker. But she cannot be president.
So let's stop talking about that, shall we?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week