Results: In light of the popularity of Georgia’s “Redneck Games,” we asked you to predict an activity that would be featured at an imaginary Eastern Liberal Elite Games. You lifted a golf cap, played a round of Confound the Barista and politely suggested, before diving into your porcini crepes…
FIRST PRIZE: Liberal Guilt Internal Tug-of-War
Brian McFadden, Lubbock, TX
SECOND PRIZE: Prius Pulls
Jane Hesse, Ione, CA
THIRD PRIZE: Preschool Spelling Bee.
Marcy Tolkoff, Weehawken, NJ
Volvo Drag Racing and, Organic Vegan Weenie Eating Contest
Irene Minerick, Bandon, OR
Bobbing for Apple Computers
Steve Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
Scott Ward, St. Clair Shores, MI
Bi-Athlon: Combines long-distance running with marrying a gay or lesbian partner.
John Bunyan, Cincinnati
Guess the Name of the People Who Cut Your Grass
John Parry, Laurel, MD
Red Rover, Red Rover, Let Socialism Take Over
Lou Fein, Henderson, NV
Lisa Kaplan, St. Louis Park, MN
Martini Chugging Contest
Tom Gilbertson, Grayslake, IL
Big Brother May I?
Kevin Morgado, New Bedford, MA
$10,000 Plate Spinning
Jim Metzger, Santa Rosa, CA
Don’t Pin the War on the Donkey
Sue Darow, Evanston, IL
Todd Tisdale, Boston
Annual Boeuf Bourguignon Cook-Off. In addition, there will be an outdoor screening of Godard’s “Breathless,” and a hardback book exchange.
Andrea Vasaune, Charlotte, NC
Artisanal Grape Stomping
Dave Howe, Nampa, ID
Marguerite Sexton, Hollywood, PA
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
Subscribe to the Week