Yes, the JK wedding video is fun to watch, said Bill Underwood in Examiner.com, and it would be fine at any other occasion. "But this is a wedding, for crying out loud!" There's something wrong with our society when we all laugh along when people make a joke of something that is supposed to be a sacred, serious commitment. (Watch the video below)
If the JK wedding video "doesn't make you smile, something is wrong with you," said Jon Burstein in the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., Sun-Sentinel. "I'm not a fan of wedding-related videos on YouTube," but it's nice to see a viral video that really lets the rest of us share the happy couple's joy.
It's definitely worth something, said Chris Matyszczyk in CNET. Look to the right of the video player on YouTube, and you'll find ads. I wonder how much money Google's YouTube is making off the 5 million viewers (so far) who have clicked on the JK wedding video. "If I am ever lucky enough to get married, I would love to out Jill-and-Kevin Jill and Kevin. And I'm interested to know if I could make some money out of it myself."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week