The Bottom Line
Walt Disney Co. to conduct its own testing of toys.
Walt Disney Co. decided to conduct its own testing of toys featuring Disney characters, following toymaker Mattel’s three recent toy recalls due to lead paint. Disney’s decision follows a similar move by retailer Toys “R” Us, underscoring the lack of confidence in U.S. toymakers’ ability to vouch for the safety of their Chinese-made products. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week