The Bottom Line
Walt Disney Co. to conduct its own testing of toys.
Walt Disney Co. decided to conduct its own testing of toys featuring Disney characters, following toymaker Mattel’s three recent toy recalls due to lead paint. Disney’s decision follows a similar move by retailer Toys “R” Us, underscoring the lack of confidence in U.S. toymakers’ ability to vouch for the safety of their Chinese-made products. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Here are the people who want to take a one way trip to Mars
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week