The Bottom Line
Walt Disney Co. to conduct its own testing of toys.
Walt Disney Co. decided to conduct its own testing of toys featuring Disney characters, following toymaker Mattel’s three recent toy recalls due to lead paint. Disney’s decision follows a similar move by retailer Toys “R” Us, underscoring the lack of confidence in U.S. toymakers’ ability to vouch for the safety of their Chinese-made products. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week