The Bottom Line
Walt Disney Co. to conduct its own testing of toys.
Walt Disney Co. decided to conduct its own testing of toys featuring Disney characters, following toymaker Mattel’s three recent toy recalls due to lead paint. Disney’s decision follows a similar move by retailer Toys “R” Us, underscoring the lack of confidence in U.S. toymakers’ ability to vouch for the safety of their Chinese-made products. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week