The Bottom Line
Walt Disney Co. to conduct its own testing of toys.
Walt Disney Co. decided to conduct its own testing of toys featuring Disney characters, following toymaker Mattel’s three recent toy recalls due to lead paint. Disney’s decision follows a similar move by retailer Toys “R” Us, underscoring the lack of confidence in U.S. toymakers’ ability to vouch for the safety of their Chinese-made products. (The New York Times, free registration required)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- How one woman is standing up for India's abused husbands
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 5 most important developments in climate change in 2014
- Why we can't educate racism away
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How Sonia Sotomayor became the Supreme Court's preeminent defender of civil liberties
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- China's leader is telling the People's Liberation Army to prepare for war
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week