"Oh, Glenn Beck. What won't you say?" asked Alex Koppelman in Salon. The conservative Fox News host said that President Obama is "a racist." (watch Glenn Beck call Obama racist) Beck said that Obama's criticism of Cambridge, Mass., police for arresting prominent black Harvard professor Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his own home was just the latest evidence that Obama "has a deep-seated hatred for white people or white culture."
President Obama is clearly a "race-baiter," said A.W.R. Hawkins in Human Events. The arrest of Henry Louis Gates Jr. "wasn’t a proper subject for presidential commentary," but Barack Obama pounced on it in a manner worthy of Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. Obama was supposed to be our first post-racial president, but he's flinging "reckless charges of 'racism'" the way Democrats have for ages whenever they wanted to silence their political adversaries.
Boy, it's becoming clear that some of the "Obama hatred" out there is all about his race, said Eric Kleefeld in Talking Points Memo, and it didn't start with Fox News' Glenn Beck calling President Obama a racist. Conservative radio king Rush Limbaugh recently said that Obama's criticism of the Gates arrest amounts to "a black president trying to destroy a white policeman." And the "racially charged attacks" are only getting worse as Obama's approval ratings "come down to Earth."
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- Are Democrats backing the GOP into another government shutdown?
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 7 gender options
Subscribe to the Week