OOD DAY FOR: Bad calls, after Google said that Apple had rejected its submission of a Google Voice app for the iPhone. Apple also pulled a third-party app that brought Google Voice features to the iPhone. Analysts said the move was driven by concerns from AT&T, the iPhone’s exclusive service provider in the U.S. Google CEO Eric Schmidt sits on Apple’s board. (The New York Times)
BAD DAY FOR: Meeting in the supply closet, as the economic downturn has led to a sharp drop in the number of people having sex at work, at least according to anecdotal evidence from HR managers. The theory is that the financial boom encouraged all sorts of risky behavior, both business and personal, and that this bad behavior gets exposed in a downturn. (Clusterstock)
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Attack of the invasive species
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week