OOD DAY FOR: Bad calls, after Google said that Apple had rejected its submission of a Google Voice app for the iPhone. Apple also pulled a third-party app that brought Google Voice features to the iPhone. Analysts said the move was driven by concerns from AT&T, the iPhone’s exclusive service provider in the U.S. Google CEO Eric Schmidt sits on Apple’s board. (The New York Times)
BAD DAY FOR: Meeting in the supply closet, as the economic downturn has led to a sharp drop in the number of people having sex at work, at least according to anecdotal evidence from HR managers. The theory is that the financial boom encouraged all sorts of risky behavior, both business and personal, and that this bad behavior gets exposed in a downturn. (Clusterstock)
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- Is it finally time to start paying college athletes?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- China's massive pollution problem
- Your financial to-do list for December
Subscribe to the Week