Madonna has always been a fitness fanatic, said Britain's Metro, but it looks as if she has "pumped one dumb bell too many." The pop superstar reportedly has been working out for two hours a day, six days a week since she started getting in shape for her "Sticky and Sweet" tour. But a photo of the pop superstar in a T-shirt shows that Madonna's "grueling" regime has given her a "frightening" look.
"Madonna's muscles are not particularly oversized," said Britain's Daily Mail, "compared with, say, an Olympic athlete, but what is unusual is how toned and well-defined they are." That's because Madonna has eliminated most of her body fat, the way a body-builder does. Those Madonna biceps wouldn't perform well athletically, though, because at this point she'd have "slight malnourishment issues."
How "does a 50-year-old woman get her arms to look like that?" said ABC News entertainment reporter Sheila Marikar in The Huffington Post. More importantly, why? Those "buff-beyond-belief" Madonna biceps "lift a lot, for sure, but they don't look like they've picked up an ice-cream cone in weeks." Madonna would surely be happier if she relaxed, and "stopped striving for the body of a Greco-Roman god."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- Why I choose not to be rich
- What if The Purge was real?
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week