Madonna has always been a fitness fanatic, said Britain's Metro, but it looks as if she has "pumped one dumb bell too many." The pop superstar reportedly has been working out for two hours a day, six days a week since she started getting in shape for her "Sticky and Sweet" tour. But a photo of the pop superstar in a T-shirt shows that Madonna's "grueling" regime has given her a "frightening" look.
"Madonna's muscles are not particularly oversized," said Britain's Daily Mail, "compared with, say, an Olympic athlete, but what is unusual is how toned and well-defined they are." That's because Madonna has eliminated most of her body fat, the way a body-builder does. Those Madonna biceps wouldn't perform well athletically, though, because at this point she'd have "slight malnourishment issues."
How "does a 50-year-old woman get her arms to look like that?" said ABC News entertainment reporter Sheila Marikar in The Huffington Post. More importantly, why? Those "buff-beyond-belief" Madonna biceps "lift a lot, for sure, but they don't look like they've picked up an ice-cream cone in weeks." Madonna would surely be happier if she relaxed, and "stopped striving for the body of a Greco-Roman god."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
Subscribe to the Week