t's hard to believe, said Mike Anthony in The Hartford Courant, but the saga over the Erin Andrews videos just got creepier. First, a "scumbag" videotaped her naked through a hotel peephole, then paparazzi stalked her outside her Georgia home, forcing Andrews to call 911. (listen to the Erin Andrews 911 call) "Let's hope a civilized society prevails and Andrews can get back to being known for what she primarily is: a damned good sideline reporter for ESPN."
Erin Andrews' "victimization" is clearly getting to her, said Eric Deggans in the St. Petersburg, Fla., Times. In the 911 call, she complains, ""I did nothing wrong and I'm being treated like f****** Britney Spears and it sucks." Maybe now people in sports media will reflect on how they objectify some female reporters.
All Erin Andrews is trying to do, said The Big Lead, is "lay low in Georgia and wait for this nasty storm to blow over," and then the college football season begins. "But that’s difficult with paparazzi camped outside of her home in a gated community."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
Subscribe to the Week