It's hard to believe, said Mike Anthony in The Hartford Courant, but the saga over the Erin Andrews videos just got creepier. First, a "scumbag" videotaped her naked through a hotel peephole, then paparazzi stalked her outside her Georgia home, forcing Andrews to call 911. (listen to the Erin Andrews 911 call) "Let's hope a civilized society prevails and Andrews can get back to being known for what she primarily is: a damned good sideline reporter for ESPN."
Erin Andrews' "victimization" is clearly getting to her, said Eric Deggans in the St. Petersburg, Fla., Times. In the 911 call, she complains, ""I did nothing wrong and I'm being treated like f****** Britney Spears and it sucks." Maybe now people in sports media will reflect on how they objectify some female reporters.
All Erin Andrews is trying to do, said The Big Lead, is "lay low in Georgia and wait for this nasty storm to blow over," and then the college football season begins. "But that’s difficult with paparazzi camped outside of her home in a gated community."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- The myth of the stay-at-home dad
Subscribe to the Week