It's hard to believe, said Mike Anthony in The Hartford Courant, but the saga over the Erin Andrews videos just got creepier. First, a "scumbag" videotaped her naked through a hotel peephole, then paparazzi stalked her outside her Georgia home, forcing Andrews to call 911. (listen to the Erin Andrews 911 call) "Let's hope a civilized society prevails and Andrews can get back to being known for what she primarily is: a damned good sideline reporter for ESPN."
Erin Andrews' "victimization" is clearly getting to her, said Eric Deggans in the St. Petersburg, Fla., Times. In the 911 call, she complains, ""I did nothing wrong and I'm being treated like f****** Britney Spears and it sucks." Maybe now people in sports media will reflect on how they objectify some female reporters.
All Erin Andrews is trying to do, said The Big Lead, is "lay low in Georgia and wait for this nasty storm to blow over," and then the college football season begins. "But that’s difficult with paparazzi camped outside of her home in a gated community."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week