It's hard to believe, said Mike Anthony in The Hartford Courant, but the saga over the Erin Andrews videos just got creepier. First, a "scumbag" videotaped her naked through a hotel peephole, then paparazzi stalked her outside her Georgia home, forcing Andrews to call 911. (listen to the Erin Andrews 911 call) "Let's hope a civilized society prevails and Andrews can get back to being known for what she primarily is: a damned good sideline reporter for ESPN."
Erin Andrews' "victimization" is clearly getting to her, said Eric Deggans in the St. Petersburg, Fla., Times. In the 911 call, she complains, ""I did nothing wrong and I'm being treated like f****** Britney Spears and it sucks." Maybe now people in sports media will reflect on how they objectify some female reporters.
All Erin Andrews is trying to do, said The Big Lead, is "lay low in Georgia and wait for this nasty storm to blow over," and then the college football season begins. "But that’s difficult with paparazzi camped outside of her home in a gated community."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week